List of Chapters
Read: Towards More
Read, study, view some: The
Educational Relevance of Video Composition
Read: Screencasting: Essential Teacher Knowledge
Read: Web Conferencing and Live Team Teaching
Read: Machinima movies
Read: Web broadcasting
Choose a video editor
- Study: iMovie
Tutorials (hard drive application, Mac, pick as appropriate for your personal computer)
- Study: Windows Movie
Maker Tutorials (hard drive application, Win, pick as appropriate for your personal computer)
- Study: Animoto (online application, any platform)
Choose a video recorder
- Study: Converting Video How do I get my video format to work in different video editors or display on a page at Google Sites or whatever?
Simple and Cheap Camcorders: the Flipcam, the Kodak Ki6 and competitors
How to Insert a YouTube video in a web page or blog posting (It's so easy!)
How to download images and videoclips from your cell phone as media to use in a video editor.
How to record videoclips of tours from Google Earth 5 as media to use in a video editor.
Lesson of the Vocabulary Movies: Video without the camcorder. Directions for either Windows Movie Maker ; or Mac iMovie
Camcorder. Composition and Editing Part I: Video
Computer. Composition and Editing Part II: Video editing stage.
Building on the Wonder Web - eCROP site (link in Blackboard): Ask a question of your own related to this chapter and contribute to a question related to this chapter.
- Wimba Live (see link in Webcat for live online text, audio, video,whiteboard, file transfer, and screen displays)
Publish to Web Sites
When finished with the in-class editing, use the Add button in the File Cabinet of your Google Sites site and upload a video file that is under 20 megabytes (20,000 kb).
Did you backup your files today?
Overview of Assignments Due for this chapter
Read and browse thru assigned links above.
- Get a camcorder and shoot your 2 minute video as per instructions above.
- Be prepared to edit the unit plan video in class, which means looking over the related video tutorials for the video editor of your choice so that you can: trim and sequence video; add an animated title in the beginning and animated credits at the end and export the video as computer playable files in the
Printer friendly view of
- Read again: copyright
restrictions for educators
, focusing on music and motion media
- Read: Consent and
Waiver form. Modify this form for your own use if your employment setting
does not have something similar.
- See Tubemogul.com, automatic uploading to multiple video sites then tracking analytics provided.
- Skim: Video is one of a set of composition tools on
CROP's Evoke page.
- This movie explains how all data including media moves across the Internet:
The Warriors of the Net Movie 13 minute movie by Ericksson- but with the
smallest verions at 73MB you need to recognize that a dial-up connection will
not work. This time pay attention to the quality of the movie and its usefulness
in its smaller display size. "We know whose got your data packet" (64 to 1500
bytes of data per unit; approximately 6 to 250 words in each container relative
To go beyond this chapter in learning more, use keywords
from this chapter to search using the tools of the information